| ||12 pm - 5 pm|
Sewing with Patterns 101 --FULL, check out our March class dates!
Sewing with Patterns 101
10 hour, 2-session beginner-level class limited to 5 students.
Cost: $160; $10 machine rental if needed.
Class description: This comprehensive class is perfect for total beginners, those needing a brush-up, and those who want to venture into the world of garment-making. You’ll leave with a completed garment and the skills to make more! Note that you must either bring your own machine or rent one for the class.
- attachments and tools used in garment sewing
- choosing the correct needle & thread for your project
- determining different fabric types
- how to sew a straight seam & backstitch
- machine tension and troubleshooting
- how to take your measurements and pattern sizing
- determining yardage requirements
- Simple pattern/garment alterations
- Zipper installation
- Darts, waistbands, hems, seam finishes
| ||6 pm - 9 pm|
Beginner Sewing: Intro to the Machine--1 space left
Intro to the Machine
3-hour Beginner-level class
limited to 6 students
Cost: $50; $5 for optional machine rental
click on the link above to register online.
Class description: In this comprehensive beginner-level class, you’ll learn about the parts of your machine, machine threading, bobbin winding, setting tension, troubleshooting, maintenance and the most often-used presser feet. We’ll go over the differences in needle and thread types, how to sew a perfectly straight seam and turn corners, sewing curves, backstitching, and a simple seam finish. You’ll leave with skills to get you started on your projects!