Sometimes, you may wish to collect additional information on your events. Some examples include:
- Collecting RSVPs for an important event
- Selling tickets (and collecting
- Taking a survey
- Accepting document or photo submissions
Here's an example form for purchasing tickets integrated into a localendar event:
localendar supports these features via our integration with JotForm. JotForm is a web-based form builder. Its intuitive drag and drop user interface makes form building a breeze. Using JotForm, you can create forms, integrate them into your localendar events, and receive responses by email.
Head over to the JotForm website. You don't need to create an account, but it will make keeping track of your forms and submissions a lot easier. Most users can do without their paid plan.
Next, watch the simple tutorial below, or visit https://www.jotform.com/help/ to get started.
Now, build your form!
Once you have created your form, click Publish on the JotForm toolbar:
Select the "EMBED" option, then the "Copy Code" button to copy the HTML script for your JotForm to your clipboard.
Now, go to the event in localendar where you'd like to include your form. Edit your event's description. When you are ready to include your form, click the "Source Code" button on the Event Description toolbar
Paste the HTML you just copied from JotForm, and click OK to close the Source Code popup.
You're all set! You can click the Preview button at the top of the Event Editor to see what your form will look like in your event.
- Make sure to only paste the JotForm HTML once. JotForm may not work/display properly if you paste the HTML multiple times.
- JotForm tends to make wide forms (which might require a viewer to re-size the localendar event pop-up). If you right-click on your form and select the "Shrink" option, JotForm will make a skinnier version that works better on localendar:
- User re-sizing may still be necessary in some cases. We're working with JotForm to help localendar event pop-ups auto-fit to the form automatically.
- You can include JotForm scripts directly into your calendar's Title and Footer under Options->General.
- You can include JotForm scripts directly into your Common Event Information field under Options->Events