|
| Index | Recent Threads | Register | |
![]() |
Forums » List all forums » Forum: Webmaster's Corner » Thread: Problem with XML at bottom of page |
|
Total posts in this thread: 6 |
[Change thread status]
[Delete this Thread]
[Move this Thread] [Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread] |
| Author |
|
|
Lmarelic
New Member
|
Hi, hope you can help me. I have read through the threads and found your solution, but they haven't solved the problem. Some of my calendar's pages still have the XML on the bottom even after using the the suggested command http://www.localendar.com/public/sample?rss_link=false and changing the IE Settings to "Every visit to the page" since I read your suggestion, "You probably have a cached page in your browser showing your calendar before we added this feature. If you're using IE, under Tools->Internet Option->Settings, click "Every visit to the page" I have tried to reload the page, but some pages still have the XML at the bottom. Please help, Thanks so much!! |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
Even when I click the link you've provided, I see no XML icon (the correct behaviour) Did you close IE and restart it after making the change? It does sound like the classic "cached page" issue. You might try asking a friend to hit the URL from his computer and report what they see. ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||
|
|
Lmarelic
New Member
|
Hi, thanks for checking but I would appreciate your checking just a little further, since I probably didn't make myself clear the first time. FYI, I have just checked this issue on a computer that has never accessed this website before, so I don't think it's a 'classic' cache issue. I wish it were -- it would be much simpler. At the address, www.theneighborhoodcup.com, when you click on calendar, the current month does NOT show XML. However, the next month, August and September, DOES show XML. But it's strange, since October does not show it, yet November and December do. So, it's an intermittent thing, displayed on a PC that has never viewed the site before. I still went through the motions of changing the settings in IE, and deleted cookies, files, history, rebooted and checked again. Still the same problem. Please help. Thanks so much!! |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
Actually, it does display on July too - but since you haven't adjusted the height parameter on the code you pasted, the calendar is getting clipped off at the bottom, so you don't see it. Move to a month with less events or days (which means the calendar is "shorter") and poof - the height is big enough to display the full calendar, so you see the XML link. That said, it seems the rss_link parameter is being ignored for the embedded style--- I'll have to check into that. ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
Check it out now? ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||
|
|
Lmarelic
New Member
|
It's perfect now!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!! Thanks for the excellent support. That means so much. LSM |
||
|
| [Show Thread Printable Version] [Post new Thread] |
Help! | Cobranding | Legal | Privacy Policy | About localendar.com | Contact Us |